Pet rabbits are fascinating! They can be adorable and energetic, making them great pets for children and adults alike. Are you curious to learn more about your favorite pet? There is so much to know!
Rabbits are complex animals with many traits and characteristics, so we have put together ten facts to help you learn about your furry pet.
1. There are 180+ rabbit breeds across the world – These breeds are differentiated by lop ears, length of hair, and size of the rabbit. There are many features to every breed.
2. They weigh between 3-20 pounds depending on the breed – Kaytee offers the right products for each bunny breed. Bigger breeds will need more space while smaller breeds might need different food. Explore all Rabbit Products Here.
3. There are four types of fur: Normal, Rex, Satin, and Angora fur.
4. A female rabbit is called a doe.
5. A male rabbit is called a buck.
6. They typically have one of five eye colors: brown, blue-gray, blue, marbled, and pink.
7. They can be litter trained, similar to cats.
8. They are social, playful pets. It’s important to keep bunnies entertained with plenty of toys, chews, and attention. We also recommend interacting with your bunny with treats, petting, and more.
9. Most rabbits are easily startled.
10. Fiber is the most important part of a rabbit's daily diet. Make sure to pick out food that suits your rabbit’s health needs using the guide on our website.
Source includes Good Rabbitkeeping by Sue Fox.